Monday, April 30, 2012

Active clamp forward

I'm stuck as I can't seem to get an expression for jm1 for the active clamp forward. It may or may not be necessary, as Cclamp adjusts to reset the XFR but is there a way to determine this? Also it seems that once the turns ratio is fixed and the device parasitics are fixed (by virtue of selecting a particular mosfet) all I can do is play with Lm to achieve ZVS and select this in a manner that minimizes the magnetization current. Anybody else have a different approach?

1 comment:

Olga said...

Hi SM,

I used max current stress = Vds = Vg + Vb to get Vb, then use that to get Mb, which gives you D. You can then use this to get n by using V/(nVg) = D.

Because you know Cds, you can use M*pi/F = (1 + J) to get your Lm value. The tricky part is using the right Vg in the right place.

I got answers that seem reasonable, so hopefully I did it right.